Friday 11 May 2012

O my Lord! put me not amongst the people who do wrong!

Say: "O my Lord! if Thou wilt show me (in my lifetime) that which they are warned against,- {93} "Then, O my Lord! put me not amongst the people who do wrong!" {94} And We are certainly able to show thee (in fulfilment) that against which they are warned. {95} Repel evil with that which is best: We are well acquainted with the things they say. {96} And say "O my Lord! I seek refuge with Thee from the suggestions of the Evil Ones. {97} "And I seek refuge with Thee O my Lord! lest they should come near me." {98} (In Falsehood will they be) Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: "O my Lord! send me back (to life),- {99} "In order that I may work righteousness in the things I neglected." - "By no means! It is but a word he says."- Before them is a Partition till the Day they are raised up. {100} Then when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no more relationships between them that Day, nor will one ask after another! {101} Then those whose balance (of good deeds) is heavy,- they will attain salvation: {102} But those whose balance is light, will be those who have lost their souls, in Hell will they abide. {103} The Fire will burn their faces, and they will therein grin, with their lips displaced. {104} "Were not My Signs rehearsed to you, and ye did but treat them as falsehood?" {105} They will say: "our Lord! Our misfortune overwhelmed us, and we became a people astray! {106}

(Suran Al-Muaminoon)

0 comments:

Post a Comment