Friday 11 May 2012

Do they listen to you when ye call (on them)?

And rehearse to them (something of) Abraham's story. {69} Behold, he said to his father and his people: "What worship ye?" {70} They said: "We worship idols, and we remain constantly in attendance on them." {71} He said: "Do they listen to you when ye call (on them)?" {72} "Or do you good or harm?" {73} They said: "Nay, but we found our fathers doing thus (what we do)." {74} He said: "Do ye then see whom ye have been worshipping,- {75} "Ye and your fathers before you?- {76} "For they are enemies to me; not so the Lord and Cherisher of the Worlds; {77} "Who created me, and it is He Who guides me; {78} "Who gives me food and drink, {79} "And when I am ill, it is He Who cures me; {80} "Who will cause me to die, and then to life (again); {81} "And who, I hope, will forgive me my faults on the day of Judgment. {82} "O my Lord! bestow wisdom on me, and join me with the righteous; {83} "Grant me honourable mention on the tongue of truth among the latest (generations); {84} "Make me one of the inheritors of the Garden of Bliss; {85} "Forgive my father, for that he is among those astray; {86} 

(Surah Al-Shuara)

0 comments:

Post a Comment